One of the decisions we made during the post production stage of our music video was to film more varied shots. After reading our feedback from our roughcut, we realised that people wanted more varied shots rather than just straight on shots of the artist to make the video more interesting and exciting to watch. We feel this was a successful decision as with a larger variety of shots the video flowed well.
During the editing process we felt that some footage needed to be minimised in order to keep them flowing more professionally. For example we have a shot of the artist being chased where they turn a corner, we decided to cut out the end to make the shot flow better with the following shot. We also enhanced all of our footage after the basic editing was completed. We used the saturation and brightness and contrast tools in final cut to make the footage more vibrant and funky to conform with genre conventions. We feel this decision was a good one as it gave the video an uplifted feel.
We made the decision to use various different transitions between shots in our video as we wanted to make it more interesting. We used the motion key to guide our shots on and off the screen. One transition we thought was particularly successful was the transition where we spun a post it note onto another shot. We thought it was successful because it was timed well and fit with the music.
Our video commentary was fairly straight forward however after we filmed it we decided to cut it down a bit as we spoke about unnecessary things which did not need to be included. This was a good decision as we didnt want people to get bored or loose interest in what we had to say.
Creating our digipack was fairly easy as we had researched previous posters and DVD covers from the hip hop genre so we had a good idea of what to include. We took still images of the artist and made this the main feature in both of the digipack products. We made the decision to photograph the artist in the same clothing as he was wearing in the video to keep continuity but also to enable the consumers to regonise the products and relate them to each other. We were pleased that we made this decision as it gave the final products a professional feel.